The.com BasicsFacebook Business Suite
The Facebook Chat Plugin allows you to embed a Messenger-style chatbox from your company's Facebook page on your website, empowering customers with a communication channel directly to your business.
You need a Facebook page in order to integrate this feature into your website. There are two main steps, the first is configuring the chatbox on Facebook and the second is adding an embed code to The.com.
Set up Chat Plugin from Facebook Page
- Go to your Page's Settings on Facebook Business Suite.
- Click on the Chat Plugin tab.
- Under Set Up Your Chat Plugin, click Set Up.
- Select your language
- Add your website domain(s)
- Copy the code. Note the chat plugin will only work on the domains that you add
You can customize your Chat Plugin under the Start the Conversation and Customize your Chat Plugin sections.
Add the Embed Code
If you want the Chat Plugin to exist on every page, it is best to add it to a Block that will exist on every page. In this article, I'll be adding it to a footer Block.
- Open your footer Block.
- Add a Raw HTML Element as the last element in this block.
- Paste the code from Facebook into the text cell.
If you refresh the site preview, you'll notice that nothing has happened. This is because the domain does not match the domain(s) you set up on Facebook. You will have to deploy a page on your site to see it working on the live domain.