Within your DNS provider settings, you can configure your root domain to redirect to your www domain. An example of this would be you want mydomain.com redirect to www.mydomain.com.
Every Domain provider has their own way of doing it and have additional support articles if you need
Note: it could take 24-48 hours for your forwarding to take effect.
In This Article
From your Google Domains account,
- Click into to manage your domain.
- In the left side menu, click on the "Website" option.
- In the top right of this page, click "Add a forwarding address."
- Click "Edit."
- Delete the WWW entry.
- Type in www.mydomain.com (your actual domain) in the "Forward to" website URL input.
- Click to expand the advanced options
- Select "Permanent Redirect (301)" for the redirect type.
- Select "Forward Path" for the path forwarding option.
- Click "Forward" to save your settings.
Navigate to your domains
- Select the domain you want to forward
- Scroll down to the "Additional Settings" section and click "Manage DNS."
- Scroll down the the "Forwarding" section.
- Under the "Domain" option, click "Add."
- Under "Forward to," select HTTPS (all The.com sites are provisioned with HTTPS).
- Type in the domain you want to forward to.
- Select "Permanent (301)" for the forward type.
- Select "Forward Only" for the settings option.
- Click Save.